Saturday 18 February 2012

Little Girls are Sugar & Spice and all things nice!!!


I've just been sorting through my daughters baby clothes and it made me think I would dedicate this little blog to our ray of sunshine, Hope Scarlett Cheney. When I was pregnant and found out at the ultra sound I was having a little girl , I literally cried tears of joy all the way home . Of course I would of felt so blessed and happy to have had the privilege of having either a healthy boy or girl, but  I had convinced myself we were having a boy. All our friends thought we were having a boy, when we moved into our new place the spare room was painted blue and all the hand me downs we were given were boys. So when the radiologist announced we were having a little girl that deep desire in my heart sprung to the surface. I was overwhelmed with thankfulness and amazement that I had been given a desire of my heart, not only to have a baby but a little princess. The nursery shopping began immediately ...
 I must admit I got very carried away when I was preggas spending hundreds on designer baby clothes etc, and to tell you the truth Hope is such a busy, active little toddler now I hardly bother buying her the most stylish of things anymore. I'm just run off my feet trying to keep up with her and tidy up the mess , ha! To my disappointment the bows and headbands are now pulled off or put on Dolly before we even leave the house. It's not all exactly as I'd imagined during pregnancy whilst shopping in Seed but I have to say I still adore little girls clothes, accessories, dolls houses, and all the rest of it. It must be my inner child :)

At the moment I'm in the middle of creating a new little toddler play area for Hopey and here is some of the inspiration and ideas I have found 
xxx EM
Love this organised playroom

such a good idea dolls house in a wall


every little girl needs their own retro kitchen :)
yep Brad's going to have to build this one, think I would enjoy wine time up there too!



so lovely
cute reading corner


One day Hope's closet will be this organised!



Sending LOVE X

1 comment:

  1. Love it Em! I share your excitement for anticipating all things girly, as I prepare for my princess to come into the world. There is just something truly special about mothering a daughter (even though having a boy would have brought with it a whole new sense of joy)... And oh how much fun is it decorating their room and buying them clothes! I die over some of the baby fashion these days xx

    ReplyDelete